Labels
- I am enthusiastic about my learning (2)
- I am keen to learn (1)
- I am keen to learn new skills (2)
- I am successful in many areas of my life (1)
- I believe in my own ability (1)
- I can communicate in several different ways (1)
- I can ttake the lead (1)
- I can work with a partner or a group (3)
- I get help when I need it (1)
- I have ambitions (1)
- I keep trying even if something is hard (2)
- I listen to new ideas (2)
- I look forward to learning new things (1)
- I try hard to do my best (2)
- I try to do things myself (1)
- I use numeracy skills in all areas of life (1)
- I want to learn about the world (1)
- If I don't succeed at first I'll try another way (2)
Monday, 4 February 2013
Division
Over the past two weeks, we've been learning to divide using the "chunking method". It is set out in the usual long division way; which is difficult to do using a computer... 6 ) 148
but the calculation is done by subtracting lots of 6s from 148. In the same way you may share out sweets 2 at a time, here you may share/divide using much larger numbers.
6 )148
- 120 (6 x 20)
___
28
- 24 (6 x 4)
____
4 Answer: 24 R 4
It's much easier than having to know the exact number first time, rubbing out and doing it again till you get the right number, and making a big mess in your jotter... if you're anything like I was at school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment