Thursday, 6 December 2012

Digging up the Past

Very few Greek painted pictures have survived the 2500 years since they were painted, so most of what we know about Greek art comes from the pictures they painted on fancy pottery.  Pottery, even if it gets broken, can be put back together, and a good deal of it has survived and can be found in museums. 


We studied the patterns and images that were used, and had a go at painting our own plates.  It was tricky to get the detail with a paintbrush and one colour.  The Greek artists were very skilled.

Can you see which myths are depicted on our plates?




6 comments:

  1. I loved doing my plate even though it was extremely tricky.Soon at home I will log in to google and follow the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the designs painted on the plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the designs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked doing this... whoever you are

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed learning about the Greek legend of Athena and Arachne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked doing this activity it was fun

    ReplyDelete